Guitar Pro Tabs Project is Out

Guitar Pro Tabs Project is Out

mySongBook is a portal for music scores written by professional musicians. It is 100% legal and accessible from your personal computer. From AC/DC to ZZ Top or Django Reinhardt, new legendary songs and hits of the day will be added regularly.

What are mySongBook music scores?

Forget fruitless searches on the Internet and badly written scores. For only $0.99, $1.99, or $2.99, you can now easily find new arrangements for stringed instruments (guitar, ukulele, bass, and banjo), and full scores that include the entire transcriptions of every instrumental track in the original pieces.

To help you choose which scores to buy, mySongBook proposes free previews and 30-second pre-listening samples.

Your mySongBook account

Before you buy a score, you need to set up your mySongBook account, in which all of your purchased scores will remain available. This account will give you instant access to your tabs, which you can then print out whenever you like. You do need Internet connection to use the portal.

How to get into mySongBook?

Guitar Pro users: update to version 6.1

The updating process requires that you launch your Guitar Pro updater twice:

• On Windows and Linux: menu Help > Launch Updater
  • On Mac: menu Guitar Pro > Launch Updater

For more information, read our update 6.1 installation guide.

You do not have Guitar Pro: download mySongBook Player for free to gain access to the portal, buy scores, read and play them. Click here to download it.

1. Neil Goodman - October 4, 2011 at 3:29 pm

This is an excellent feature and one that I’ll definitely make good use of. There’s not much choice at the moment, but I expect it’ll get populated quickly enough.

One problem I’ve discovered with the 6.1 update though is that many of my old GP5 files no longer open. Is this a known problem with a fix incoming, and is there a workaround in the meantime?

2. Nicolas - October 4, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Hi, an fix will be available in few hour, sorry…

3. Neil Goodman - October 4, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Thanks, Nicolas. I see the fix is already available. I’ve just tried it and it’s working perfectly! Thanks to you and the team for fixing this so quickly. 🙂

Right, I’m going shopping in mySongBook.

4. Simon Solanas - October 6, 2011 at 6:17 pm

Is there a way to close the mysongbook tab from the main program gui? I don’t use mysongbook and I’ll not use it in the future. Is there an option to do this? if not please put it there.

thanxs

5. adrien - October 7, 2011 at 8:14 am

Sure Simon. Press “F12” (Preferences) and uncheck the blank “Show the mySongBook Thumb index”

6. Marcel - October 10, 2011 at 9:21 pm

After updating to 6.1 I’ve now got some problems with the playback of guitars when using tie. E.g. when using them over a bar line.

The mySongBook feature is really interesting 🙂

7. Henry - November 4, 2011 at 6:46 pm

Does the iPad version support mySongBook?

8. Nicola - November 19, 2011 at 11:05 pm

Hello, I’m very happy of this new functionality and I would certainly use it if it only would take a paypal account. I don’t like leaving my card number on any site.

Could you tell me if paypal payments will be available any time soon?

9. adrien - November 21, 2011 at 9:36 am

@Henry: the ipad support is not in the works for the moment. Thanks.

@Nicola: for your information, we currently plan to include Paypal in mySongBook. Cheers.

10. Feda - November 24, 2011 at 5:22 pm

It’s a great feature that I was waiting for. Unfortunately, the licensing terms for the purchased scores are just unacceptable for me. Not being able to access my purchase whenever I want and without an internet connection is a deal breaker :(. There is no way I would buy something that can be taken away on a whim.
    I love GP and I’ll keep using it the way I’ve been using it so far and I will not be making any use of it as long as that is the case.
    I can see what you are trying to prevent here, but what’s to stop somebody from just recreating a song in a new file. You are just drastically limiting the number of people who will consider taking advantage of your service.

11. Derk - November 26, 2011 at 7:36 am

After upgrading Guitar Pro does not start up any more. Please fix and please next time do some testing before posting upgrades like this
    Mac Leopard users, do not upgrade!

12. adrien - November 27, 2011 at 7:11 pm

Hello Derk,

This problem could come from your computer or soundcard. I advise you to get in touch with the techie support to see your issue solved: http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php?pg=contact Thank you.