Guitar Pro Update: 6.1.9 Version is Online

guitar-pro-6-1-9-update

The new Guitar Pro 6.1.9 update is now out. The main improvements offered with this version regard Chinese simplified translation and crashes at startup for Mac computers with no serial number.

What’s new?

• Added: Chinese simplified translation
  • Fixed: Crashes at startup for Mac computers with no serial number
  • Fixed: Character issues while importing Guitar Pro files in Chinese

How to update Guitar Pro?

Launch the updater to get the Guitar Pro 6.1.9 version installed on your machine:

• Windows/Linux: menu Help > Launch Updater…
  • Mac: menu Guitar Pro > Launch Updater…

Do you wish to contribute to the software’s evolutions?

Become a BETA-tester, and receive the latest Guitar Pro 6 updates before everybody else. Log into your customer area and click on “Access to the beta version”. All you need to do is check the “Yes, I wish to use the beta version” box to be included into our testing program.

1. Theliraan - October 11, 2015 at 7:15 pm

Great update. Aha

2. Snake - October 18, 2015 at 1:35 pm

Looks like you’re doing updates again.

I’m going to resume my MusicXML testing, so you can included fixes in the next release.

You can then incorporate this into Guitar Pro 7.

3. Josh - February 21, 2016 at 12:47 am

Oh yes, I can finally use the app again. Woo!

4. Stan - March 18, 2016 at 8:31 am

When Linux x64 version will be launched? So many problems to make it work on new systems with old dependencies, which are not placed in repositories of Ubuntu\Mint

5. Marco - October 7, 2016 at 6:44 pm

Please solve the issue with tie notes. Tie symbol appears “inverted” when I re-open the file.

6. Felix - July 25, 2017 at 5:17 pm

I am a Linux user and so I unfortunately can’t use the version 7.
    Is Guitar Pro 6 still available somewhere?

7. linda - August 8, 2017 at 10:53 am

Hello,

Sorry if we stopped the Linux version. You can buy a Guitar Pro 6 online on Amazon and some others music stores.

8. Steve Wynn - August 17, 2017 at 7:00 am

good morning, I cannot run GPU updater for GP6. a window comes up saying GPU updater has stopped working and then the program closes. I am running Windows 7. have not had this trouble before.

9. mikej - August 18, 2017 at 10:47 pm

I really need a Linux version. I know you’ll tell me you stopped making it.
    I have a request, just compile GP6 for 64bit linux… I’ll buy that. You guys have the code already.

Thanks

10. linda - August 22, 2017 at 4:30 pm

Hello Steve, can you please try to reinstall your Guitar Pro 6 with the following process:

11. jrichards - September 9, 2017 at 8:10 pm

I very much second the 64-bit linux version request from mikej. Some very good sound engineering happens without using mac or windows, and there are a lot of us that like your product. You don’t have to make us write a competing product, we will gladly buy your awesome product right now.

12. Ivan - December 21, 2018 at 3:24 am

where I can buy the version7 for Linux?

13. Thomas Duflos - December 27, 2018 at 8:55 am

Hi Ivan, Guitar Pro 7 is not supported with Linux Operating Systems, at this stage, we do not plan to release a compatible version for Linux.
    You might be able to install and use Guitar Pro 7 via Wine though, we can not guarantee it will run properly and won’t be able to provide support though. Thanks