NAMM 2017: Discover GUITAR PRO 7, Beta Version

NAMM 2017: Discover GUITAR PRO 7, Beta Version

You have been expecting it for quite a while now. Well, today we are proud to announce that you will be able to see Guitar Pro 7 in action at the 2017 NAMM Show in Anaheim, CA — kicking off with live demos and a dedicated GP7 station!

Guitar Pro 7 now at Beta-testing phase, release date approaching

Dear GP fans and users, we have been working steady for it, and our Beta version of our newest upgrade Guitar Pro 7 will be shown in action with its new design and features, from January 19 to 22.

We have decided to bring Guitar Pro 7 with us to NAMM and get direct feedback from our user community and our partners in the music industry. We’ve already gone through alpha testing in-house and will now be exposing our pre-release software to a wider range of equipment and real-world uses. We are bringing the Beta version to our users so as to bring the optimal final touches to the software. Our goal, as always, is to provide musicians with a new release that they will love because it makes our technology even easier and more enjoyable to use when you compose, play, or share your music.

Do not miss out! Visit Vigier and Music Marketing Booths for live demos

For now, brace yourselves for live demos by Guitar-Idol finalist and rock virtuoso Youri De Groote, at the Vigier Guitars Booth #4762, Hall C. Youri will be playing there 3 times a day (11 am, 2 pm, 4 pm) to show you what Guitar Pro 7 can do with some of the greatest songs ever written.

Furthermore, the Music Marketing Booth #6242, Hall A, will feature a dedicated Guitar Pro 7 computer station and demonstrator, and NAMM guests will be given the opportunity to preview and try the software themselves.

Guitar_Pro_Team_NAMM2017

GUITAR PRO 7, available soon

Guitar Pro 7 will offer significantly enhanced editing features, including the possibility of using tablature for any other instrument beside the guitar, new types of notation, and improved file-importing and -exporting. We have also redesigned the graphical user interface and sound management to make your using the software simpler, easier, and faster.

A new feature you will undoubtedly love

Plug your guitar into your computer and enjoy the Guitar Pro effect presets. You will thus be able to emulate the sounds of your favorite songs, or create your own tone by using an amp and effect emulator that includes 14 guitar & bass amps, 40 effects pedals, and 500 presets.

That way, you will be able to play everything you wish without the crazy cost of gear!

When is this for?

The beta version is private and limited to users selected by Arobas Music. The official release is expected in a few months and will be available for Windows and macOS.

Be the first to download the trial version of Guitar Pro 7, by signing up to our newsletter or following us on the social networks.

Talk soon.
The Guitar Pro Team

FacebookTwitterYouTube

1. Rick C - January 20, 2017 at 2:58 pm

Looks really great! I hope it works with the fender fishman strat!

2. gwen - January 20, 2017 at 3:13 pm

Cool. Can we have more screenshots ?? the amps/effets for examples ? Thanks

3. Christian - January 20, 2017 at 3:32 pm

“… will be available for Windows and macOS.”

No Linux? That’s very sad.

4. linda - January 20, 2017 at 3:38 pm

We will not support Linux anymore. Sorry.

5. Luis de Rubín - January 20, 2017 at 4:09 pm

Could you improve the “Drum Notation” displaying two (2) different notes for Bass Drums?
    (one in the space and another over a line), so the drummer could differentiate the left and right foot?
    Thank you for this awesome tool for learning!

6. Dennis - January 20, 2017 at 5:54 pm

Did you guys also improve the engaving quality (things like avoiding collisions, spreading out the staves evenly across the page, etc.)? That is really the only issue that bothers me. Other than that, it’s really great!

7. Michael - January 20, 2017 at 6:16 pm

Would love a feature that allows me to import an MP3 backing track and line it up to start on a specific beat.

8. Ted Tanner - January 20, 2017 at 6:35 pm

I second the Fishman Triple Play / Fender Fishman Strat suggestion. It will be much faster to play MIDI info into the program than to notate it by hand (err…, mouse).

9. Brandon - January 20, 2017 at 7:17 pm

Please tell me the Fretboard View is capable of displaying flats now instead of using sharps for every single key…

10. Paddy - January 20, 2017 at 8:27 pm

My main hope for the new version is that it can render tabs created in earlier versions (such as GP5) properly. For instance, GP6 mangled all of the bends and caused excellent GP5 tabs to sound awful in GP6, requiring immense amounts of manual work on the part of the person downloading the tab to correct everything. This isn’t good, especially if GP6 is the only version a customer is familiar with; 99% of the tabs on the internet would seem like garbage to such a person. Hopefully GP7 will correct for this.

11. Radovan - January 20, 2017 at 9:24 pm

Please, realtime MIDI input!

12. Ted - January 20, 2017 at 9:38 pm

Do the chords also get transposed when you transpose now?

13. Shane - January 21, 2017 at 11:00 am

It would be really handy to have separate voices colour-codeable, so when all voices are visible (not grayed out) that the notes of a particular voice are one colour etc.
    Additionally, a speed training feature could be a read out of the bpm that each progressive repeat is playing at … for eg. you start a session at a certain bpm, and set incremental increases of 3% after each repeat … it would be handy to know what bpm the song portion is playing after each repetition … after 8 repetitions of the phrase, what speed/bpm are you know playing at?

14. Frank - January 21, 2017 at 3:01 pm

I would like to be a beta tester! I would like to test the Windows-Version on Kubuntu with wine.

15. Jean-Loup - January 21, 2017 at 4:41 pm

Wait no Linux release?? What gives? 🙁

16. killergege - January 22, 2017 at 12:04 am

I indicated on your website that I wanted to participate in the beta testing, and I think I’m in the “selected users”, when will we have access to the beta version of GP7 ?
    Looking forward to test it !
    Thanks !

17. serxio - January 22, 2017 at 1:27 pm

Please add audio tracks!

18. Marek - January 23, 2017 at 2:24 pm

Yes, custom backing tracks (aligned to the tab/score) are something sorely missing in GP6 and the reason I use Go Play Along instead.

GPA does not have editing capabilities, which makes me jump between those 2 apps.

And it’s a shame Linux is not supported any more. It’s a step back…

19. Alex Raykin - January 23, 2017 at 7:57 pm

The best feature for me would be if I can load GP7 as a plugin in a DAW. I use GP to write music and integration with real audio would be amazing.

20. Ian - January 23, 2017 at 10:48 pm

Support for guitars with more than 8 strings?

21. Samuel - January 23, 2017 at 11:40 pm

Will it be on Snow Leopard?

22. Feodor - January 24, 2017 at 2:13 pm

Great news! Will it be possible to input tabs by midi keyboard in live mode, while track is running? This is very handy feature especially if you try input drums or bass…

23. AlanD - January 24, 2017 at 4:06 pm

I use GP6 for notation only so don’t care at all about playback features. I simply want the most efficient system of entering note and performance data possible. Often I want to be able to prepare simple score for my own part to help me remember parts at band rehearsals and also to be able to refer back to some specific cues from other band members when navigating the song.

I second the request for real time midi inptu. that would be an awesome improvement.

However, the main things I really need to see in GP7 to make me stick with it are as follows:

1 – Change the chord naming conventions to actually reflect standard music theory – A C major 7th chord is not writted as C7M anywhere except GP. A C7#9 chord is written in GP as C9(#9) – what is that supposed to be? I know I can manually change the names but it is a real pain.

2 – The ability to edit chords in the chord sidebar rather than delete then and add a new one. Including the ability to drag the order of chords in the sidebar to make it easier to grab the chord you want when you need it. Ability to resize the font size for the chord sidebar as it is almost impossible for my feeble eyesight to read them on hi-def displays like Mac Retina etc.

3 – Chords and Chord names to transpose automatically when transposing the key of a track.

4 – My number 1 request though would be a “shorthand” feature. I often just want to sketch out an arrangement with basic chord symbols rather than musical notation. I want to do this with simple rhythmic slashes (not individual notes) on the traditional musical stave for the bulk of an arrangement but be able to show specific riffs, phrases or solos where these are important. At the moment I can only go through the time consuming process of entering a full arrangement OR simple slash only notation.

5 – the ability to show “cues” from other instruments on a track. i.e if the guitar is silent for 16 bars but there is a bass riff that signals the re-entry then show the bass riff in a small alternative font as a cue.

6 – the ability to use “2nd time only” or ‘tacet 1st time” notes within repeats

24. Marcus - January 24, 2017 at 9:42 pm

PLEASE!!!! Bring back the piano keybord overview as in Guitar Pro 5. I play both guitar and piano and would like to use the program for each instrument…. I got really disapointed when the keyboard were removed in version 6…

25. Nate - January 25, 2017 at 10:49 pm

I really hope you addressed the note mutilation that happens when transcribing chords and bends, especially after changing instrument tuning. Also a stereo drum kit so I don’t have to manually multitrack my drums and push the sound engine to it’s breaking point. That being said I hope it’s more stable and can handle large tabs, and by large I don’t mean 5 tracks I mean 35-55 tracks. No more crashing during the saving process and corrupting my save file please. I hope the changes weren’t purely cosmetic gimmicks like moving the scroll bar from the side to the top of the screen.

26. Arthur - January 26, 2017 at 2:47 am

I share the same disappointment. I was hoping that GP7 would finally fix all the 64-bit issues on Linux, but they chose to cut it instead. Well, time to shop for another tabulating software.

27. Danny Mientjes - January 26, 2017 at 9:17 am

Hi, looking forward to GuitarPro7
    Hope there is going to be an easy way to sync the guitarpro files in the cloud.
    (for playback on ipad or android)
    Danny

PS, would have loved full linux support, now have to buy a mac or use wine

28. linda - January 26, 2017 at 9:45 am

Hello Marcus the keyboard is available in GP6. Click on the menu View and select Keyboard.

29. Rick C. - January 27, 2017 at 12:24 pm

I’m glad GP7 has upgraded sounds. Seeing some of the posts above, I felt like I should chime in. The playback is extremely important for me, so please continue to make GP playback as realistic as possible. I’m really hoping for improved drum sounds, as well as some extra drums. I saw you’re including numbered drum notation to appease the old GP5 users. I hope there’s a choice, I’d much rather use the standard drum notation as available in GP6. Thanks.

30. Piotr - January 27, 2017 at 1:00 pm

If it got a polytuner why is not possible to writing the charts during play along on guitar like on midi signal???

31. JORGE - January 28, 2017 at 2:35 pm

van a crear el manual en español,por que en guitar pro 6 no existe.

32. Peter - January 29, 2017 at 9:14 pm

No linux support is really bad … 🙁

33. Colin - February 2, 2017 at 4:04 am

Guys, get a Win or Mac machine… I am pretty sure the musician user base on Linux is not significant enough for Arobas to justify the extra development effort. Plus, consider how long they took to make it to this stage, we probably can not see GP7 by 2020 if they support Linux.

34. Danny Mientjes - February 2, 2017 at 8:18 pm

Colin, I agree. I am going to buy a Mac too. But don’t forget, we probably can still use Guitarpro7 on Ubuntu/Linux. Use Wine.

35. John - February 3, 2017 at 1:53 am

Will it have ReWire to enable me to link it with a DAW like Reason so that I can use midi synth/instruments for play back?

36. Rick C. - February 9, 2017 at 6:52 pm

I see there is a new feature with GP7 that allows us to plug into it and play guitar along with songs, so, is there going to be a way to switch the sounds with a foot switch (Bluetooth)? For instance, with a guitar plugged into it (with an interface), it would be nice to switch from clean to dirty when playing along with songs. Thanks!

37. truecolor - February 10, 2017 at 12:17 pm

Since some days I use GP6 XL.
    Is there a special price for upgrade to GP7 XL?

38. Zodinsanga Hauhnar - February 11, 2017 at 12:36 pm

I hope 7 gets us into a hole new level,guitar pro 6 was not good as i expected it to be

39. Manuel - February 12, 2017 at 10:09 am

Hi – very good Work! I love GP – there are only a few things – i could write it again, but its exactly the same as
    “AlanD – January 24, 2017 at 4:06 pm” wrote before! Thank you AlanD – as a guitarteacher and musician i work every day with gp, and these little things bother also every day! It would be great if you could modify this stuff! Thanks a lot!

40. linda - February 14, 2017 at 3:12 pm

Yes, you will have a special price.

41. LinuxUser - February 14, 2017 at 8:15 pm

No Linux? Back to the last century?
    Guitar Pro was the only software I paid for. That’s now history.

42. Carl - February 16, 2017 at 6:07 pm

Please have a way to add text annotation to a section of tab without having to use lyrics.

43. linda - February 17, 2017 at 11:27 am

Hello Carl, you can do this on Guitar Pro 6. Click on the Note menu and select Text.

44. Nathan Hevenstone - February 19, 2017 at 9:50 am

Will there be more instruments added to the RSE? More keyboard and synth sounds, strings, brass, woodwinds, etc, as well as more of the rarer instruments out there? Plus, I’m hoping the effects and mixing interfaces are easier to handle.

45. Feda - February 20, 2017 at 7:34 pm

I’ve been buying guitar pro since version 3 or 4, it’s been so long that I don’t remember any more. I was buying these to use with Windows, but I’ve switched to Linux after Microsoft turned Windows into a spyware/malware platform. I was very excited to find out that GP6 was available for Linux too, but that ended up being a big disappointment because it only works on outdated 32bit versions.
    I was hoping to see a new version in hopes that it would work on newer Linux distributions and the lack of a Linux version is a big disappointment.
    1 less customer for GP7

46. Chris - February 21, 2017 at 8:58 pm

Will GP7 display correctly on a Microsoft Surface Pro 4?

47. LinuxGuitar6User - February 27, 2017 at 8:42 am

It is indeed a pity that Arobas drops support for Linux. That’s their business decision and up to them to take the consequences.
    Those disappointed please take note that the free, cross-platform MuseScore composition and notation software by now has good guitar tablature functionality and can read all Guitar Pro files. Missing functionality will be added quickly with increasing numbers of Linux users driven away from Guitar Pro.
    The engraving functionality of MuseScore is already now way beyond the ability of GuitarPro.

48. Julian - March 1, 2017 at 4:36 am

Great news at least!
    I hope more edit possibilities in notation, mix differents instruments in one staff, instruments with 3 strings like cuban tres, export with colours, drum beats and bass riffs notation library, more options on speed trainer …
    I hope enjoy it as soon as possible

49. Alex T - March 2, 2017 at 9:16 am

“few months”? from 2 to 100?! Pls support QHD screen I bought GP6 and it is quite useless on my 13″ QHD screen 🙁

50. linda - March 2, 2017 at 5:17 pm

Gp7 will work with QHD screens.

51. Julián - March 3, 2017 at 10:00 pm

Waiting for beta testers reviews (Levy Clay perhaps)

52. Rob - March 4, 2017 at 12:31 pm

“linda – March 2, 2017 at 5:17 pm
    Gp7 will work with QHD screens.”

! GREAT !

When will GP7 be available? Price ?

I’m waiting with my Imac 27inch… GP6 is not a real option…. !!!! please !!!!

53. Justin Levitt - March 6, 2017 at 3:56 pm

I need to get my hands on this! This software changed my life yo!

54. Vasily - March 7, 2017 at 7:54 pm

Dear Guitar Pro team,

That is amazing that we will see a new version soon. I have been a user of your software for long 10 years, and I am really excited about that.

One feature I would suggest you, and which would be absolutely amazing — some kind of Version Control system.
    It is always a huge head ache when you work on a song, you would like to change to some old changes, compare it, etc… Now we have to do it with jut copying the song file, but it becomes a total mess after some time.

If you can provide some kind of tool for that, that would be amazing.

Thanks!

55. Everett Palmer - March 9, 2017 at 12:46 am

I hope GuitarPro 7 works with my Dell Laptop with a highrez screen. I have not been able to use my GuitarPro 6 since I got my new Dell a couple of years ago.

56. suchol beak - March 9, 2017 at 11:06 am

please tell me how to display the tab music part.

57. Sam - March 9, 2017 at 2:04 pm

No linux? what a crap?!

58. Ilya - March 14, 2017 at 6:55 pm

well, support of linux version was awful anyway. Maybe it’s for good they drop it.

59. Manuel - March 15, 2017 at 1:17 am

This is a wonderful Software i use it a lot! Thanx. I Have only 2 Points, if you would correct them i’d love to have Guitar Pro 7

– Slurs, go only in one direction in Standard Notation
    – if you wanna go to coda, there is written DA CODA instead of the Sign

Thanks for your Work!!

60. Michael Krödel - April 1, 2017 at 12:52 pm

If there is a chance to have more than one Pick-up Bar in on piece it would be great. Many classical composers have more than one pic-up bar included. ref. Sor op. 44 no. 10

61. Tom Carr - April 2, 2017 at 9:43 am

Please consider doing a crowdfunding campaign for the Linux version, in case there’s concern that the Linux version is not a financially viable option.

62. Brystol - April 3, 2017 at 5:46 pm

Would nice a feature that allows to jump to another bar (or easier: another opened project) to play several bars (or play all other opened project) and come back (something like “goto , return” in the Basic or procedure in pascal : )

63. Julián - April 7, 2017 at 3:00 pm

After using GP7 for a couple of days, I was a bit disappointed because I thought I would definitely outperform Sibelius as a transcription software, but it’s still a long way off. I hope the first update comes out soon.

64. AlanD - April 8, 2017 at 10:16 am

I’ve just seen Levi Clay’s review of GP7. Unfortunately, it has confirmed what I expected. I was really hoping for some major improvements to the software that would make it more useable for notating music rather than trying to be a band in abox with step time input. Based on the Levi’s review I definetly wont be upgrading from GP6. In fact it looks like only a metter of time before anyone who wants a serious notation tool switches to an alternative product.

I really wanted this upgrade to be brilliant but it seriously looks like a massive missed opportunity.

65. Howie Frischer - April 27, 2017 at 1:02 am

I hope they added a lead off / pre measure – like used in classical music

66. linda - April 27, 2017 at 10:44 am

What do you mean by lead off/pre measure?

67. a user - May 7, 2017 at 12:28 am

+1 for crowdfunding for a Linux version

68. Chris - May 7, 2017 at 9:33 pm

Linux support was always tricky because the versions of libraries were always updating and guitar pro couldn’t stay current. Constantly had to find old versions of packages to make it work on newer linux distros.

However, now that flatpak and snap packages are becoming commonplace, it should be much easier for guitar pro to be packaged for linux in a way that can support multiple distros and remain functional into the future without having to have external dependencies (other than very basic ones like libc).

So I hope Arobas Music revisit the idea of linux support. I know it was tricky in the past to support more than one version of linux, and linux changed so fast that it was always breaking compatibility, but things have improved. Please give it another look with flatpak or snap.

I was just about to click that “upgrade for $30” button when I saw the “for mac or windows” subtext, so that’s one less sale you’ll get from me. Back to hacking on the old .deb file for guitar pro 6 to get it working with my system again for now.

I know most music professional software is for mac and windows, but guitar pro is also useful for casuals. If I were doing audio production I’d happily have a dedicated machine for it with whatever operating system was required, but for casual stuff like just learning or writing a song with guitar pro, I’d rather stay on the (linux) computer I use for everything else, it’s just simpler.

69. Guy - July 2, 2017 at 10:42 pm

@Colin: If they do cross-platform (which they need for WinxMac anyway) properly, the extra dev effort should not be that extensive. I suspect it’s rather the sound chain for play-through but with USB Audio, even that’s no longer an excuse. Distribution independence can be obtained with containers such as Docker. I just installed Muse Score (thanks @LinuxGuitar6User). If its playback is decent, it will be adios Guitar Pro. It’s a pity because it did exactly what I needed but until someone buys me a MacBook Pro, I’m sticking with Linux. I used to have a dual boot laptop until faulty Windows updates/update-fixes/update-fix-fixes/etc sabotaged my pre-installed Win7.

70. Maeck - July 5, 2017 at 9:58 pm

Linux version discontinued, too bad, no upgrade for me.
    And no, I do not run anything on Wine, so GuitarPro will not either.

I’ll stay with GP6 for now until I find something native to Linux (MuseScore comes to mind).

And to the people saying the music producing folks are on Windows or MacOs, I wonder where you are spending your money as an occasional musician. With Audacity, Ardour, Guitarx, the awesome JACK and up until now GP I have all I need and money for more guitars.

71. matv1 - July 12, 2017 at 7:56 pm

No more Linux support? Too bad. Although it’s up to them, that may not have been the wisest decision, judging by all the comments here. Bye bye Arobas.

72. linda - August 8, 2017 at 12:46 pm

Hello, I am really sorry if you miss the Linux version. For the moment, our team is focus on the Windows and macOS version and I don’t think that we will do a Linux version for Guitar Pro 7 sorry. We focus on quality rather than quantity. With only 2 operating systems to support we can provide free updates on the software every month and give the best to our users.