Guitar Pro 7: Now Available!

Guitar Pro 7: Now Available!

It’s official, you can now discover the brand-new Guitar Pro 7 for Windows and Mac!

Dear users, our team is happy to announce the release of a seventh version of Guitar Pro.

Many of you have submitted your ideas for improvements and we thank you. We hope you’ll enjoy this new version, the result of several years of coding and coffee, looking to meet our users’ expectations.

The software’s user-friendliness has been entirely redesigned and modernized to support creativity and make audio fine-tuning ever easier. The program is now smoother, faster, and compatible with high-resolution screens.

The standard music notation has been improved and we also focused on guitarists who do not master conventional music notation by offering them the ability to edit and play all the instrumental tracks in guitar tablature, thus making reading and writing music easier.

The best gets better!

• New Interface with main features accessible via a Toolbar, and right-hand inspector window listing the properties of the song and track.
  • Tablature for all tracks – In addition to guitars and other fretted instruments, standard notation gets automatically transposed into tablature — this on all tracks, including piano, voice or drums.
  • Simplified RSE-track set-up – now by directly selecting a sound preset made of a soundbank and an effect chain.
  • Connect your guitar to Guitar Pro – Plug your guitar in and play through the effect chains of the active track (requires an audio acquisition card).
  • New audio-export formats – MP3, FLAC and Ogg.
  • New musical notation elements – Notation now includes golpe, pick scrape, and dead slap. The writing of bends in standard notation has been enhanced, and we have improved the management of conflicts between the various elements of the score.
  • Software performance improved – Software startup and file loading have been enhanced. Scrolling and zooming are now both smoother. The install/update process is also improved.
  • Polyphonic tuner – Simply brush down the six strings together to check their tuning in a single stroke.
  • Imports and exports improved with a particular focus on MIDI and MuiscXML.

Click here, to discover all of the Guitar Pro 7 new features.

Try Guitar Pro 7

Download our trial version and enjoy all of the Guitar Pro 7 features for 30 days.

Pricing & Availability

• Upgrade pricing for existing Guitar Pro users from version 1 to 6: as usual, users of previous versions of Guitar Pro will receive a discount on the new software. For the launching of Guitar Pro 7, the upgrade is available for 30 $/€. Simply enter your old license information on our website and you will get the discount. If you have lost your Guitar Pro license info, click here to receive it by email.
  • Users who purchased Guitar Pro 6 after the 1st of January 2017 get to upgrade for 15 $/€. If you purchased the Guitar Pro 6 XL version in 2017, the upgrade will be free. To benefit therefrom, simply enter your old license information on our website and you will get the discount.
  • New users: Guitar Pro is available for 75 $/€ on our website.

1. Frank - April 20, 2017 at 5:49 pm

Is printing fixed?

2. Alexander - April 24, 2017 at 4:40 pm

There will be localization Russian?

3. linda - April 25, 2017 at 8:12 am

Yes, it will be available in 2 or 3 weeks.

4. Patrick - April 25, 2017 at 5:39 pm

Will Linux support be added?

5. Darryl - April 25, 2017 at 9:23 pm

I have multiple sound devices on my PC and I’m finding that I can only use a sound device in GP7 if it is NOT set as the Default sound device in Windows. All other software on my PC works fine with all of my audio interfaces so I know there are no driver issues.

Please see below Instructions to reproduce this. The sound device I want to use is a “Line 6 Helix” audio interface which is normally my default interface in Windows but in the example below I change the default device to be the PC Speakers just so I cant prove my sound interface works.

1) Open Windows Sound Settings. Configure PC Speakers as the default sound interface.
    2) Open GP 7
    3) In GP 7 Configure sound interface to be the “Line 6 Helix” audio interface. Sound is now working.
    4) Restart GP7 and check sound is still working.
    5) Shutdown GP7
    6) In Windows Sound Settings set “Line 6 Helix” as the Default Sound Interface.
    7) Start GP 7.
    8) GP7 shows error “Audio device not available”. RSE playback no longer works but MIDI does.

6. linda - April 26, 2017 at 1:19 pm

Hello Daryl, I forwarded your problem to our technical team. Thank you.

7. linda - April 26, 2017 at 1:34 pm

No, sorry.

8. Johan - April 27, 2017 at 5:35 pm

Is this version also Fretlight ready ?

9. linda - April 28, 2017 at 10:07 am

Yes Johan, you can use the Fretlight guitar. To do so, go to the Guitar Pro 7 Preferences… > Interface > Toolbar > Show Fretlight button. The Fretlight button will appear on the top right of the software.

For the moment, Guitar Pro 7 is not compatible with the Wireless Fretlight guitars.

10. Angelo - May 17, 2017 at 10:25 am

Hi, I have the same issue of Darryl’s.

I have only one USB audio interface and, unless I disable it as sound interface through window sound settings, or I unplug it, or I open another software that uses it (AMP simulators, or even Youtube!!), GP7 won’t start. It appears in my processes in windows task manager, but nothing more. I already tried to unistall it multiple times, and I’ve reinstalled all of the drivers of my Audio device. If I manage to open it that way it shows “Audio Device not available”. Midi works if I manage to open it and change the Midi Output as Microsoft GS WaveTable Synth
    All of my other softwares work fine.

11. linda - May 23, 2017 at 3:23 pm

Hello Angelo, can you please contact our support for help https://support.guitar-pro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=18321

12. Bill Furner - May 29, 2017 at 2:55 am

Does guitar pro 7 make it easier to write guitar tabs doing fingerstyle guitar on a triple play by fishman? That is spontaneously!

13. jim - May 29, 2017 at 8:44 pm

I just upgraded from guitar pro 6 to 7 (windows 10) because gp6 just stoppped working on my pc –
    I would like to suggest adding fine control of the master volume slider implemented on the mouse wheel –
    currently you have to click on the current slider position, hold down the mouse button, and the move the
    mouse to change the volume – this makes it hard to rapidly and conveniently change the volume –

I have been a (very) satisfied of user of guitar pro for many years now but a little upset w/ gp7 –
    when is next release (> 7.0.2) scheduled?

14. Thomas - June 7, 2017 at 6:12 am

Are you going to add Linux support?

15. linda - June 9, 2017 at 4:45 pm

No sorry

16. pok - June 10, 2017 at 8:35 pm

I will have to stick with version 6 because of linux support 🙁

17. linda - June 12, 2017 at 4:32 pm

Sorry for that.

18. linda - June 12, 2017 at 4:34 pm

Thank you for your feedback. We just release the 7.0.3.

19. linda - June 12, 2017 at 4:37 pm

We don’t have the triple play by fishman sorry. Please try the demo with it and let us know if it is working.