A new updated release of Guitar Pro 7 is now online, which includes over 100 fixes and enhancements. Among the most essential changes, you’ll find the “left handed” option for the virtual instrument, and the possibility to carry over into Guitar Pro 7 the effect-chain presets as they were set and used in Guitar Pro 6.
Two months ago we introduced you to Guitar Pro 7, our newest upgrade, together with the great steps it takes forward in terms of velocity, smoothness, and user experience. We are very proud today to announce the release of Guitar Pro 7.0.3! Here’s an overview of what we’ve added to it:
New translations: German, Spanish, Russian, and simplified Chinese
To change the language in which your Guitar Pro 7 is set, open the program’s Preferences and switch to the chosen language in the Interface section:
- Windows : menu File > Preferences… > Interface > Language.
- macOS : menu Guitar Pro 7 > Preferences… > Interface > Language.
More new translations will come soon.
The “Left-Handed” option appears in the virtual instrument
Jimi Hendrix, Paul McCartney, Elizabeth Cotten, Kurt Cobain… All of those guitar players are left-handed. If such is your case, you may now activate the “left-handed” option and view the Guitar Pro 7 guitar or bass fretboard from your point of view.
Import and export your own effect chains
You can now export whatever settings you used for the effect chains you created in Guitar Pro 6, from GP6 to 7.
To do so, you have to copy/paste the Guitar Pro 6 presets into the Guitar Pro 7 presets folder.
Where can you find your Guitar Pro 6 and Guitar Pro 7 presets?
- Open your Windows file explorer and type in %APPDATA% as file path.
- Guitar Pro 6 presets: Click on the following folders Roaming > Guitar Pro 6 > My Presets.
- Guitar Pro 7 presets: Click on the following folders Roaming > Arobas Music > guitarpro7 > My Effect Chain Presets.
- Open your Finder, pull down the Go menu and hold down the Alt or Shift key on your keyboard to display the Library section.
- Guitar Pro 6 presets: Click on the following folders Application Support > Guitar Pro 6 > My Presets.
- Guitar Pro 7 presets: Click on the following folders Application Support > Arobas Music > guitarpro7 > My Effect Chain Presets.
Updating Guitar Pro 7 on Windows used to not be possible (for versions prior to 7.0.3)
The problem is solved in this new version. If you were concerned by it we invite you to install the update manually.
To that effect, you will need to retrieve the Updater via the Windows file explorer. In your file explorer, type in %TEMP% as file path. This will lead you to the Updater in your temp folder. Double-click on the file to manually launch the updating process.
Or, second option: you can also uninstall your Guitar Pro 7 and reinstall the latest version which is available on our website.
Keyboard shortcuts improved
Shortcuts can help you be more productive as you use Guitar Pro. This new update solves whatever problems shortcuts might have posed in the Windows as well as in the macOS versions.
This version 7 does not let you customize your shortcuts. A list of all of the keyboard shortcuts existing for Guitar Pro will soon be available.
More than 100 fixes and enhancements, including:
- Added: “Indicate the bass of the chord for inversions” option in the chord window
- Added: tuning “Drop D, down 1/2 step”
- Improved: concert and transposition tones management
- Improved: copy / paste tools
- Saving of the enharmonic
- Allows for sound change on a selection
- Allows adding a chord onto a selection
- Optional export of the metronome and count down for the audio export
- Corrected: LCD display when a note duration is modified
- Corrected: fingering windows
- Various corrections of the Palm Mute
- Corrected: alternate repetitions
- Added: effect-pedal tooltips
- Corrected: dynamics on drums import
- Corrected: artificial harmonics
- Corrected: tuning imports
- Corrected: repeat bar line on time signature other than 4/4
- Corrected: option “Hide tempo automations”
- Corrected: EQ presets application
- Corrected: shortcuts
- Corrected: play on tuning and chords windows
- Corrected: note which was muted on play
- Corrected: design mode
- Corrected: Windows file associations
- Various display fixes
- Various printing fixes
- Various crashes fixes
How to update Guitar Pro?
Launch the updater to start using Guitar Pro 7.0.3:
- Windows : menu Help > Check for updates…
- macOS : menu Guitar Pro 7 > Check for updates…