Guitar Pro 7.0.8 is available

Guitar Pro 7.0.8 is available

The new free Guitar Pro 7 update is online. Download this new update to make your Guitar Pro 7 ever more powerful.

What’s new?

• The Polish translation is now available
  • Major enhancement of performances
  • Scrollbar enlargement
  • Tuning is played in loop to facilitate guitar tuning
  • Systematic creation of the brushes and arpeggios on each notation
  • Improvement in the “Adjust fingering” option
  • Reinstatement of the copy paste between pitched instrument track and drums track
  • MIDI numbers export according to the General MIDI standard for drums MIDI export
  • Saving “Fit to width” and “Fit to height” options when closing the file
  • Calculation of the fingering after removing a string, avoiding notes lost
  • Saving of the list of the last opened files after a crash
  • Reinstatement of accidentals on the fretboard on Windows
  • Fix the design mode on a second screen
  • Fix the incomplete bars which were not displayed in red if the option “Force stylesheet” was activated
  • Fix stereo problems
  • Fix transposition tool for transposition voices
  • Fix metronome for ternary rhythms
  • Fix the key signature in case of a consequent number of accidentals
  • Fix directions which was not always interpreted
  • Fix the mono sound cards in input on Windows
  • Various partial capo fixes
  • Fix the 5 strings banjo tuning
  • Fix the “All track copy paste” tool
  • Fix wrong pitch of natural harmonics in standard notation when there is a whammy over the beat
  • Various display fixes
  • Various interface fixes
  • Various crashes fixes

How to update Guitar Pro?

Launch the updater to start using Guitar Pro 7.0.8:

• Windows: menu Help > Check for updates…
  • macOS: menu Guitar Pro 7 > Check for updates…
  1. Chilisau - February 16, 2018 at 9:08 pm

It would be very nice to have tremolo flutters and unlimited ‘anchor points’ for bends and the tremolo arm functions.

2. Josh Norton - February 18, 2018 at 7:02 am

Hey guys, I love guitar pro, you’ve done a great job with 7. I’ve been using it since launch, and this latest update seems to crash my projects far more often than it ever did before, I hope you can get a quick fix soon. Thanks, and keep up the good work!

3. Itamar Shalev - February 18, 2018 at 7:58 pm

Unable to up date
    “Setup has detected that Guitar pro 7 is currently running.
    Please close all instances of it now, then clock OK to continue, or Cancel to exit.”

when trying to close guitar pro manually, my windows 10 couldn’t do it.
    I got this Error message:
    “Setup was unable to automatically close all applications. It is recommended that you close all applications using files that need to be updated by Setup before continuing.
    Click Retry to try again, Ignore to proceed anyway, or Abort to cancel installation.”

The same thing happened when I was trying to update to version 7.0.7.909.

4. Andrew Channell - February 20, 2018 at 11:42 pm

Latest version keeps crashing on MAC – twice this evening whilst editing over the course of an hour. Restored files more historical than recent saves.

5. Thomas Guitar Pro - February 22, 2018 at 2:23 pm

Hi Josh, thank you for using Guitar Pro 7, can you please report your problem to our support: https://support.guitar-pro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

6. Thomas Guitar Pro - February 22, 2018 at 2:29 pm

Hi Itamar can you please contact our support here: https://support.guitar-pro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

7. Thomas Guitar Pro - February 22, 2018 at 2:35 pm

Hi Andrew and James can you please contact our support here: https://support.guitar-pro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

8. William Lockard - February 24, 2018 at 10:03 pm

1.) Is there anyway to set note stem direction for note entry for a given voice(1234) instead of manually doing it? Auto stem does it according to position of the note on the staff. I need to be able to set voice 1 stems to be up to indicate melody and voice 2 accompaniment staffs down.
    2.) When I change to an open tuning it only shows the tuning of 4 of the 6 strings at the beginning of the score. I need all 6 to show to present a more complete professional -looking score.
    Thanks!

9. William Lockard - February 24, 2018 at 10:08 pm

Will there be a more comprehensive index/user manual available than what came with GP7? Actually a more extensive index like GP6 would be helpful. I actually use the GP6 user manual more the GP7 manual for that reason.

10. Thomas Duflos - February 27, 2018 at 10:02 am

Hi, yes we are working on it, for the moment we are focusing on the next huge 7.1 update.

11. Dave Grandel - February 28, 2018 at 1:50 pm

Way back in the Stone Age when I first started using GP5, there was a GetSatisfaction board where users went to help/get help as needed…

Does Arobas have something similar available that I have yet to find? It was far more in depth than any manual I’ve ever used and allowed me to learn to use the program to the fullest extent that I required!

If not, is there a staffer that we can contact directly with suggestions/questions about the existing manual and help you guys build a kick ass manual instead of one that merely scratches the surface? It’s not like you’re printing the thing anyway, it’s all online!

12. Gary - March 1, 2018 at 6:10 am

Any way to download and install without auto update? It doesn’t work. It says it downloaded it, when I click Update and Relaunch, the app runs for a brief second, then exits. The next time I run the app, it tells me there’s an update again.

13. Thomas Duflos - March 1, 2018 at 9:29 am

Hi William, can you contact our support here please: https://support.guitar-pro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

14. Thomas Duflos - March 1, 2018 at 9:32 am

HI Dave, thank you for your suggestions, we are working on a better manuel indeed. Yes you can contact our support and they will forward your suggestions to our dev team: https://support.guitar-pro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

15. Thomas Duflos - March 1, 2018 at 9:33 am

Hi Gary, can you please contact our support here: https://support.guitar-pro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

16. Alex - March 1, 2018 at 3:33 pm

Just purchased it and waiting for the CD. Looking forward to the coming updates

17. Griff - March 1, 2018 at 7:20 pm

Hi Thomas! I would love it if Guitar Pro 7 could output its tempo to MIDI. I have a Soundbrenner Pulse and they just implemented MIDI being able to drive their metronome app, (and thus their wearable). It would be awesome if I started a song in Guitar Pro 7 and I could feel the tempo thumping in sync on my arm from the Soundbrenner Pulse.

18. Griff - March 1, 2018 at 7:31 pm

Hi Thomas! I also have a Fishman TriplePlay guitar MIDI on one of my guitars, but I’m having a problem with File>Preferences>MIDI Input>String affectation using channel selection. No matter which of the 3 radial buttons I choose, (First channel for the highest string, First channel for the lowest string, No channel detection)… GP7 doesn’t differentiate between the same note being played at different positions on the fretboard. In other words, if I play an the E at the open high E string, GP7 might notate it at the fifth fret on the second string or the 9th fret on the third string. Can the developers implement string differentiation for the same note so that is works with the Fishman TriplePlay?

19. Sherin Winstent - March 6, 2018 at 6:12 am

IS there a way to add Time Signature at every line. I want to create some exercises, so if I can have 4 exercises in one sheet with Clef and time Signature it would be great. Is there a way to do this . Thanks

20. Thomas Duflos - March 6, 2018 at 8:52 am

Hi Griff, I’m forwarding your request to our team. Thank you for using Guitar Pro.

21. Thomas Duflos - March 6, 2018 at 9:00 am

Hi Sherin, yes you can add every time signature or clef you want and when you want. Just click where you want the change and then click on clef or time signature on the left panel. Thanks. You can also get help here: https://support.guitar-pro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

22. Thomas Duflos - March 6, 2018 at 9:02 am

I’m forwarding your question to our developers. Thanks Griff

23. Thomas Duflos - March 6, 2018 at 9:03 am

Hi Alex, thank your for using Guitar Pro 7. Enjoy!

24. Z0tt3l - March 7, 2018 at 12:21 pm

Hey Thomas,
    the midi tempo export and the export of the markes would be very important for my band. We now use GP5 for this export and we need the midi file with the tempo informations and markers for the import in a midi sequencer to build our backing tracks for the live performances. Of course we can do this manually but we would like to avoid the unnecessary extra work. You did a great work with GP7 and we appreciate your hard work on all the patches und improvements. But without this little features we are still forced to use GP5 for this part of our workflow :/

25. Thomas Duflos - March 8, 2018 at 11:13 am

Hi thank you for using GP7, I’m transferring your request to our developers thanks. You can also contact our support here: https://support.guitar-pro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

26. Mike Smith - March 11, 2018 at 5:48 am

I had GP7 installed…..I ran the updater……and it removed GP7 and installed GP6!!!!

27. Matt - March 14, 2018 at 8:03 pm

Hey! Was just wondering if there is a way to automate tuning changes mid-song. Currently, I rely on making separate tracks in order to play along with such songs

28. Jeff - March 16, 2018 at 12:00 am

Is there shortcut keys to shift selected noted up & down one octave?
    P.S. A few Ideas follow:
    01. Please implement a matrix style editor for note entry, it is also known as a Piano Roll. TuxGuitar has a decent example of how this can be done as well as REAPER’s recent implementation of a notation system which works in tandem with their piano roll.
    02. Arbitrary grouping – It would be awesome to be able to select measures and be able to “group” them in order to apply a variable color outline that can appear around the blocks in the arrangement window for better visual organization of ideas. It would be also advantageous to be able to send these groups to other bars in the project while arranging.
    03. Alternate bar toggle button – It would be useful to be able to designate a bar as a variable bar, which could put a little icon of some sort in the bar that can be clicked, allowing the user to switch to alternate pattern of the bar to give the writer the ability to audition different ideas without have to move things around in the project or erase the measure.
    04. Please create a FORUM! Use the forum to get more input from the community on taking this software to the next level.
    05. Please put out a road map (GP7 can just be a facelift release with a rework of the same ol’midi editor system)
    These are just things that I am constantly longing for while using Guitar Pro.
    Thanks for GP7! Keep up the good work!

29. Thomas Duflos - March 19, 2018 at 3:08 pm

Hi Mike, you can contact our support here thanks: https://support.guitar-pro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

30. Thomas Duflos - March 19, 2018 at 3:32 pm

Hi Jeff. Thanks a lot for these great suggestions. I’m transferring them to our team. Thank you for using GP7. Don’t hesitate to contact our support for your suggestions or questions: https://support.guitar-pro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new Thank you.

31. Mike B. - March 24, 2018 at 8:27 pm

Sadly and frustratingly, GP7 no longer properly loads for me in Windows 10. It only loads as a background app and never as a usable app. I’ve tried uninstall/reinstall, run as admin, run in Win8 compatibility mode, and a few other things but with no luck. GP7 is mostly an improvement over GP6, though it’s so much less stable and more crash-prone.

32. Thomas Duflos - March 27, 2018 at 7:44 am

Hi Mike, you can contact our support here: https://support.guitar-pro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

33. Thomas Thron - April 11, 2018 at 7:33 am

+1 for Jeffs comment. Forum would be nice.

Regarding drums: it would be nice to be able to mix the drums individual volume better. In my projects, i have to have an extra track just for hihat because it is so quiet and an extra track for the loud ride.

Also it would be nice to use the six “strings” of tab notation of the drums to layer the drum set a bit more: prefer lowest string for bass drum, next string for snare and so on. Not restricting, just prefering.

34. Thomas Duflos - April 17, 2018 at 8:00 am

Hi Thomas, I’m transferring your good suggestions to our team thanks.

35. Thomas Duflos - April 19, 2018 at 12:49 pm

Hi Matt, sorry you can’t automate tuning changes mid-song. You can use separate tracks indeed.