Guitar Pro 7 Signature Sounds Explained

Guitar Pro 7 Signature Sounds Explained

There are over 700 signature sounds available in Guitar Pro 7. They allow you to reproduce the rigs and sound settings of the greatest guitar players, such as David Gilmour, Jimi Hendrix, Slash, Van Halen, and more.

Use them to improve the sound of your own Guitar Pro files, or plug your guitar into your computer and start playing using Guitar Pro 7 presets! No need to buy an entire guitar rig’s worth of gear to have fun.

So as to get closest to the real-life sounds of these legendary guitar players, each signature sound consists in the addition of an RSE (Real Sound Engine) instrument to an entire rig (with amps, pedals, and effects rack). Each sound recreates the entire chain of effects from the instrument to the amp, and you can also customize the settings.

Where to find them in GP7

You can find the signature sounds in the track inspector located on the right-hand side of your Guitar Pro 7 window. These sounds are labeled signatures.

Click on the name of the sound to display the list of sounds.

The Signatures category is available at the bottom of each type of instrument. These signature sounds have been crafted for:

• Acoustic guitars

• Electric guitars

• Basses

• Keyboards et synthesizers

• Orchestral instruments

• Drums and percussions

How to identify them

The signature sounds are named after an artist or a title. For example, Hills Autowah is referring to the song “Run to the Hills” by Iron Maiden.

Download here the complete list of signature sounds available in Guitar Pro 7.

How do they sound

Paranoid by Black Sabbath

This is an example of the signature sound called Paranoid Octave. It is used by Black Sabbath in the song “Paranoid”.

Purple Rain by Prince

Another example with the sound Purple referring to the effects used for the song “Purple Rain”.

Stairway to heaven by Led Zeppelin

Third example with the signature sound called Stairway. This uses Jimmy Page’s sound settings for the song “Stairway to Heaven”.

How to use them and why

You can use signature sounds to improve the tone of your own compositions or any Guitar Pro 7 files. It’s also possible to edit the volume and the settings for each sound.

Guitar Pro 7 also offers you to connect your guitar via a USB interface (your sound card for example) to hear yourself play through the software using the many signature sounds available.

Need help? Download the Guitar Pro 7 User Guide.

1. Gwen mollo - March 31, 2018 at 7:47 pm

Hi,
    is possible to import or convert the Gp6 preset ??
    I made a lot, and i want to have them in Gp7.
    Thanks.

2. Thargyi - April 6, 2018 at 9:20 am

Hi

3. oscar - April 11, 2018 at 11:23 pm

Hi

Brass sounds and string sounds are out of tune!!, why?
    when i mix guitars with trombone and/or violin just sucks!!!

Is there any solution?

4. Iván - April 16, 2018 at 6:37 am

Single – Ritchie, Randy, Yngwie from Guitar Pro 5.2 is the best guitar tone I’ve ever seen from Guitar Pro. This new RSE soundbanks sound horrible, and too computarizated.
    Is there any way to bring back the 5.2 soundbanks? But please, not like in GP 6, that “port” was not a port and was horrible too.

5. Thomas Duflos - April 17, 2018 at 8:43 am

Hi Oscar, sorry about that we are currently correcting them.

6. Thomas Duflos - April 19, 2018 at 12:47 pm

Hi Gwen, you can’t directly import GP6 presets. But if you are using Windows you can place your GP6 presets into that file: %AppData%\Arobas Music\GuitarPro7\My Effect Chain Presets or if you are on Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Arobas Music/guitarpro7/My Effect Chain Presets. if you need help don’t hesitate to contact our support here: goo.gl/tq6163 Thanks

7. Holger - April 22, 2018 at 10:40 am

I’ve been Guitar Pro user since version 5. And now I’m using Guitar Pro 7. SInce I’m not only doing guitar transscription but drum transscriptions as well I’ve run into the problem that all “High Crashes” sound at a lower pitch than “Medium Crashes”. The midi notes that Guitar Pro generates for “High Crash” is 49 and that for “Medium Crash” is 57. Shoudn’t that be the other way round?
    Furthermore GP7 offers each cymbal that it knows as a single GP7-Soundbank. What can I do with those? E.g. assigning Soundbank “Crash 2 (Star)” to a drum kit track does not change nothing.

Regards
    Holger

8. Thomas Duflos - April 30, 2018 at 11:02 am

Hi Iván, you can try to install them in there:

On Windows: File Explorer : %AppData%\Arobas Music\GuitarPro7\My Effect Chain Presets
    Or on Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Arobas Music/guitarpro7/My Effect Chain Presets

If it doesn’t work please contact our support here: https://support.guitar-pro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

9. Thomas Duflos - May 2, 2018 at 10:25 am

Hi Holger, thank you very much for reporting the problem, it has been sent to the team. Thanks a lot.

10. Michael Hefferan - July 2, 2018 at 7:07 am

Hi Thomas,

I’m loving the ‘Line In’ function with the Songbook tabs.

If I change some of the ‘Song’ settings (e.g. using a different amp or changing ‘Strat’ to ‘Les Paul’) when I close the tabs, are my changes saved?

If so, how do I undo this – as I’ve now realised Songbook’s settings can’t be beat?!

11. Thomas Duflos - July 19, 2018 at 11:01 am

Hi Michael, please open the mySongBook tabs again and the settings will be back. Thanks

12. Viktoriia Titova - July 22, 2018 at 10:21 am

Good day everybody! I need your help ASAP, I download Guitar Pro 7 with a licence, but the program doesn’t have any sound, even during start, after I updated the new version, but nothing changes, do I need setup soundbanks for this version like for Guitar Pro 6? Because I didn’t find the app of soundbanks together with the main app. Or maybe I need turn on sound with the settings, I tried to find how to fix this problem, but I couldn’t, so, please, I really need your help guys! Thank you advice and have a nice day everyone,

13. linda - August 6, 2018 at 9:57 am

Hello Viktoriia,

Can you please contact our support team for help: https://support.guitar-pro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new