Guitar Pro 7.5.1 now available

Guitar Pro 7.5.1 now available

Guitar Pro version 7.5.1 is online. Among the most anticipated new features, we bring you the new display of tempo when you play a score in screen mode and compatibility with Fretlight Wireless guitars. Install this new update to take advantage of the new features.

New features :

• Compatibility with Fretlight Wireless guitars – Fretlight and Guitar Pro have teamed up to bring you the synchronization of your tabs’ content with Fretlight Wireless guitars. Designed for beginners, Fretlight guitars facilitate the learning of a song by lighting up LEDs on the fretboard to indicate where to place your fingers. Our iPhone and iPad application is also compatible with Fretlight Wireless guitars. Click here to find out how to connect your Fretlight guitar to Guitar Pro.

You will need Bluetooth 4.0 or higher to connect your Wireless Fretlight guitars to Guitar Pro 7.5. You may read these articles for Windows and macOS to check if you meet the minimum requirements.

Exclusive offer to Guitar Pro users: Get a free Katana Fret-Level System (worth $40.00) when ordering a guitar 🎸🎶
Visit the Fretlight Guitars website and enter the following promo code at checkout: FREEKATANA (it expires October 31, 2018).

Take a look at this video made by Rusty Shaffer (Fretlight founder) explaining how to use a Fretlight guitar with Guitar Pro.

• Tempo display in screen mode – Located at the top of your Guitar Pro 7 window, the toolbar allows you to adjust the display of your score with the View mode button. Select either Vertical or Horizontal Screen view to have the tempo displayed on the score, and change it by simply clicking on the item.

• Free tab of the day available in the Examples menu  – To facilitate accessing the mySongBook free tab of the day, a direct link is now available in the menu File > Open Example. The tab of the day is displayed first.

• “Pop” et “Slap” parameters added to XML export – Pop and slap playing effects are now handled when exporting and importing an XML file.

• New option to remove a single file from recent files – The Guitar Pro 7 home screen shows the list of recent files opened with the software. You can now remove a single file from that list by right-clicking on your mouse > Remove from this list.

Fixes and enhancements:

• Improved rendering of legato slides
  • Improved management of alternate endings
  • Double-clicking a volume button reinitializes it to 0dB
  • Save of the “View” option of the instrument view
  • Fixed bends height on MIDI export
  • Fixed sometimes off-set audio export
  • Fixed voice change/inversion tool
  • Fixed sound issues with AirPod earphones
  • Fixed conflict with bends’ inking points
  • Fixed undo/redo of bar deleting actually emptying the following bar
  • Fixed count-in with anacrusis
  • Fixed import of progressive tempos in .gpx files
  • Fixed sometimes defective focus in the inspector’s frames
  • Fixed regression leading to octave-shifted percussions when MIDI importing
  • Fixed incrementation of the speed trainer
  • Various corrections of XML import
  • Various crash fixes

How to update Guitar Pro

Launch the updater to start using Guitar Pro 7.5.1:

• Windows: menu Help > Check for updates…
  • macOS: menu Guitar Pro 7 > Check for updates…
  1. Vojslav Ketman - August 28, 2018 at 5:42 pm

Hi,
    New option to remove a single file from recent files is in last update (7.5.1.1454) for me not possible.

2. Gerald - August 31, 2018 at 7:43 am

Dear team,

Could you include a night/dark mode? is really difficult to spend hours with a tab and the strong white light from the monitor.

3. Thomas Duflos - September 4, 2018 at 10:45 am

Hi Gerald, thank you for your suggestion, I have sent it to our dev team. But I advise you to use night shift on your computer, or a software like Flux https://justgetflux.com 😉

4. Thomas Duflos - September 4, 2018 at 10:46 am

Hi Vojslav, you can contact our support here: https://support.guitar-pro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new Thanks

5. Some Guy - September 9, 2018 at 9:47 pm

Maybe I’m going crazy, but where the f is the member login on this website? I already own GP7 but all I see is a trial download with email requirement and a buy option.

6. Antonio - September 16, 2018 at 2:11 pm

Hello

If I try to update guitar pro 7.5 to 7.5.1 on W10, after the download, I select “install and restart” and an pop-up message appear telling me that guitar pro is running and I can’t finish the update.

7. Teo - September 23, 2018 at 6:37 am

Legato slide is still unnatural, It sounds like it goes up stair not like smooth slide.
    When I saw the line improved rendering of legato slide, I was hoping this issue is fixed.
    Or is it that I need to make totally new file to fix the problem in the new version?

8. Lewis Childs - September 25, 2018 at 5:52 pm

If I update to Mojave will GuitarPro 7.5.1 work?
    Thanks

9. linda - September 27, 2018 at 9:13 am

Hello Lewis,
    Yes, Guitar Pro 7.5.1 will work well with Mojave.

10. linda - September 27, 2018 at 9:15 am

Hello Antonio,
    Can you please contact our support for help here:

11. linda - September 27, 2018 at 9:18 am

Hello,
    We do not have a customer area for Guitar Pro 7. You can retrieve your license here and download Guitar Pro 7.5.1 for your computer here.

12. linda - September 27, 2018 at 9:20 am

Hello Teo,
    Can you please send your feedback to our team here.

13. JabaTheHut - October 8, 2018 at 6:34 pm

Like Gerald I have mentioned a dark view for Guitar Pro for sometime now, I basically can’t use it for more than a few minutes, and I always have to minimised it. MuseScore, PianoFromAbove, Transcribe! and even riffstation is usable.

here is my suggestion in screenshot form.

I’m actually stuck in Guitar Pro 6 because it’s a little bit darker than GP7 which is all blue.

14. Thomas Duflos - October 9, 2018 at 1:34 pm

Hi, thank you very much for your suggestions, I have sent them to the dev team.

15. Mark - October 14, 2018 at 8:45 am

Lyrics editor is still a massive dissapointment, always has been.
    It’s like GuitarPro has no idea how guitarists want to enter lyrics.
    We don’t want to have to create an extra track, we just want to write words on the page under the chords.
    The program doesn’t need to fix them to the beats, it just needs to leave them where we put them.
    The Text option already does this, but unfortunately it puts the words above the bar instead of below it.
    Just give us a similar Text option under the bars and all problems will be solved.

16. Thomas Duflos - October 16, 2018 at 10:06 am

Hi Mark, thank you for your feedback. You can move and place your text freely just press on the + key of your keyboard in the “Lyrics” window and it will move the text where you want to. Thanks

17. Frank - November 5, 2018 at 9:56 pm

I think a free text box would be a great addition, especially for teachers seeking to explain things with their Guitar Pro creations. I am also having troubles maneuvering text to where I would like.

18. Thomas Duflos - November 6, 2018 at 9:37 am

Hi Frank, thank you very much for your suggestion. I have sent it to our dev team. Thomas